Adhaesit pavimento (William Mundy)
- (Posted 2022-08-08)
- CPDL #70297: At source pitch for ATBarBB:
- CPDL #70296: Transposed up a major third for SATBB:
- Editor: Jason Smart (submitted 2022-08-08). Score information: A4, 14 pages, 289 kB Copyright: CC BY NC ND
- Edition notes: Edited from the surviving Tudor sources. Original note values retained. Missing Tenor part reconstructed by the editor, building upon an earlier edition by Frank Harrison.
- Editor: John Hetland (submitted 2010-10-18). Score information: Letter, 11 pages, 801 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: From William Mundy: Latin Antiphons and Psalms, ed. Frank Ll. Harrison; vol. 2 of Early English Church Music, British Academy, Stainer & Bell, London, 1963. Notation here is a major third higher than the original with time values halved. Translation adapted from R.S.V. Text underlay and the tenor part (Mundy's is not extant) by John Hetland and The Renaissance Street Singers.
Title: Adhaesit pavimento
Composer: William Mundy
Original text and translations
Adhaesit pavimento anima mea;
My soul has cleaved to the dust;