- (Posted 2017-01-21) CPDL #42758:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-01-21). Score information: A4, 1 page, 31 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #16104, transposed down a minor 10th for two tenors.
- (Posted 2008-02-18) CPDL #16104:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2008-02-18). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 16 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- (Posted 2004-12-01) CPDL #08669: PDF, MIDI, & Finale 2004 files
- Editor: Sheila Crossey (submitted 2004-12-01). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 58 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
Composer: Orlando di Lasso
Lyricist: Odo of Cluny
Number of voices: 2vv Voicings: SS or TT
Genre: Secular, Madrigal
Instruments: A cappella
First published: 1582 in Mottetta, 6 vocum, typis nondum uspiam excusa
Description: This is part two of Lauda mater Ecclesia a 6. #16 from Bicinias. Text from Lauda mater Ecclesia by Odo of Cluny
Original text and translations
Aegra currit ad medicum,
vas ferens aromaticum,
et a morbo multiplici verbo curatur medici.
A sick woman runs to a doctor,
Bearing an aromatic vessel,
And she is cured from a complex disease by a word from the doctor.
- Translation by Paul Pascal