Almighty God, the fountain of all wisdom (Thomas Tomkins)
- (Posted 2015-07-07) CPDL #35991:
- Editor: Ross Jallo (submitted 2015-07-07). Score information: Letter, 11 pages, 194 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original key and note values. Editorial accidentals and slurs added, and spelling modernized. The original print includes an organ part as well, but it is merely a reduction, and so has been omitted.
- (Posted 2011-02-26) CPDL #23206:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-02-26). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 149 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Based on #7754, with minor corrections to the underlay. Transposed up a minor third; note values halved. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score.
- (Posted 2004-08-11) CPDL #07754: (Sibelius 2)
- Editor: Stuart McIntosh (submitted 2004-08-11). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 156 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Transposed up a minor third; note values halved.
Title: Almighty God, the fountain of all wisdom
Composer: Thomas Tomkins
Description: A setting of the fifth collect after communion in the 1559 Book of Common Prayer.
External websites: Performance by the Monteverdi Choir, dir. John Eliot Gardiner
Original text and translations
Almighty God, the fountain of all wisdom,
who knowest our necessities before we ask,
and our ignorance in asking;
we beseech thee to have compassion upon our infirmities;
and those things which for our unworthiness we dare not,
and for our blindness we cannot ask,
vouchsafe to give us for the worthiness of thy Son Jesus Christ our Lord.