Audivi vocem de caelo (Pierre de Manchicourt)
- (Posted 2020-11-07) CPDL #61221:
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2020-11-07). Score information: A4, 16 pages, 457 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: Transposed a whole tone lower (for SAATTB or SATTTB), otherwise identical to CPDL #55588 below.
- (Posted 2019-10-12) CPDL #55588:
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2019-10-12). Score information: A4, 16 pages, 451 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: At original pitch (for SAATTB). Original note values retained. Transcribed and edited from the two sources listed below. Revised edition uploaded 7 November 2020.
Title: Audivi vocem de caelo (2.p. Et vox de throno)
Composer: Pierre de Manchicourt
Source of text: from Revelation 12:10, 14:2, 19:5–6
First published: 1554 in Phalèse, Cantionum sacrarum liber 5 (Pierre de Manchicourt), no. 10
2nd published: c.1560–70 in Universitätsbibliothek Kassel, 4° Ms. Mus. 38 (hand copied by Johannes Heugel, court composer for Philip of Hesse)
Description: Manchicourt has set the Quinta Pars to an recurring, ostinato-like cantus firmus (see text below) that alternates between pitches a fourth apart.
Original text and translations
Audívi vocem de caelo,
I heard a voice from heaven,