Ave Maria, Mater Dei (William Cornysh)
- Editor: Jason Smart (submitted 2012-09-07). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 125 kB Copyright: CC BY NC ND
- Edition notes: At source pitch for ATBarB, with quartered note values, transcribed from the Eton Choirbook via the online images at www.diamm.ac.uk.
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-10-14). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 42 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: This version is ATTB. Revised files uploaded 23/01/17.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2008-02-17). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 40 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Possible error(s) identified. Error summary: First note of tenor part should be A, not B. See the discussion page for full description.
Title: Ave Maria, Mater Dei
Composer: William Cornysh
Number of voices: 4vv Voicings: AATB or ATTB
Genre: Sacred, Motet
Instruments: A cappella
Manuscript c.1502 in Eton Choirbook, no. 65
Original text and translations
Ave Maria, mater Dei,
Ave Maria, madre di Dio,
Hail Mary, mother of God,