Ave Regina coelorum a 4 (Guillaume Dufay)
- (Posted 2020-06-07) CPDL #59121:
- Editor: Sabine Cassola (submitted 2020-06-07). Score information: A4, 14 pages, 356 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Updated version of CPDL #17011, including also parts.
- (Posted 2019-03-17) CPDL #53612:
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2019-03-17). Score information: A4, 10 pages Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: Original pitch (for SATB). Original mensuration signs and note values are retained. Transcribed and edited from the Vatican Library source detailed below.
- (Posted 2008-05-28) CPDL #17011: (Finale 2004)
- Editor: Sabine Cassola (submitted 2008-05-27). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 163 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: File Sizes: PDF: 163 KB, MIDI: 15 KB, Finale 2004: 51 KB.
Description: This setting is often referred to as "Ave Regina caelorum III". Dufay famously requested in his will that it be performed at his bedside at the point of his death, a request that was unable to be fulfilled in time.
Original text and translations
Ave regina coelorum,
Miserere tui labentis Dufay,
Ne peccatorum ruat in ignem fervorum.
Salve radix sancta
Ex qua mundo lux est orta,
Miserere, miserere, genitrix Domini,
Ut pateat porta coeli debili.
Gaude gloriosa super omnes speciosa,
Miserere, miserere supplicanti Dufay.
Sitque in conspectu tuo mors eius speciosa.
Vale, valde decora, et pro nobis semper Christum exora,
In excelsis ne damnemur, miserere nobis.
Et iuva ut in mortis hora nostra sint corda decora.
Original text and translations may be found at Ave Regina caelorum #Other versions.