Ave maris stella (Hans Leo Hassler)
- Editor: Aristotle Aure Esguerra (submitted 2019-05-25). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 196 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Transcribed from Proske; lowered P4; odd verses with plainsong added; adjustments to text underlay.
- Editor: Joachim Kelecom (submitted 2010-07-21). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 124 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: F mixolydian. Includes untransposed chant in square notation.
- Editor: Nikolaus Schwärzler (submitted 2005-12-20). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 112 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright © www.muenster-musik.de / not to be used for commercial trade F mixolydian with square notation for chant; verses underlaid to same music.
Title: Ave maris stella
Composer: Hans Leo Hassler
First published: 1859 in Musica Divina Vol. III (Carl Proske), p. 426
Description: Alternatim setting with the same polyphony repeated for each of the three even verses. The Mode I chant is used as cantus firmus but is transposed to begin on sol instead of re. Carl Proske specifies this source: Aus einem uralten MS. in meiner Bibliothek.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Ave maris stella.