Ay me, the fatal arrow (Thomas Morley)
- (Posted 2011-12-20) CPDL #25189:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-12-20). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 47 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Based on #14988, with corrections to underlay and tenor parts transposed to octave-below-treble clef. Revised files uploaded 24/01/17.
- (Posted 2007-09-11) CPDL #14988:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 26 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Ay me, the fatal arrow
Composer: Thomas Morley
First published: 1597 in Canzonets or Litle Short Aers to Five and Six Voices, no. 10
Original text and translations
Ay me, the fatal arrow
That drives ev'n to the marrow,
Cupid from out his quiver
Hath pluck'd and pierc'd my liver.
The blood through which the fell venom close creepeth,
Alas ev'n though mine eyes, my heart outweepeth.