Before Jehovah's aweful throne (Louis Bourgeois)
- (Posted 2020-12-16) CPDL #62016:
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2020-12-16). Score information: A4, 1 page, 38 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: The hymn with four-part harmony and underlaid words in the version published in Hymns Ancient & Modern New Standard
- (Posted 2020-12-16) CPDL #62015:
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2020-12-16). Score information: A4, 1 page, 88 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: The hymn in the version published in Hymns Ancient & Modern New Standard, melody with words.
External websites: https://embassysingers.de/scores/hymns.html
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 100.
Before Jehovah’s aweful throne,
ye nations, bow with sacred joy;
know that the Lord is God alone:
he can create, and he destroy.
His sovereign power, without our aid,
made us of clay, and formed us men;
and, when like wandering sheep we strayed,
he brought us to his fold again.
We’ll crowd thy gates with thankful songs,
high as the heavens our voices raise;
and earth, with her ten thousand tongues,
shall fill thy courts with sounding praise.
Wide as the world is thy command,
vast as eternity thy love;
firm as a rock thy truth shall stand,
when rolling years shall cease to move.