Ben qui si mostra il ciel (Cipriano de Rore)
- (Posted 2016-12-29) CPDL #42438:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2016-12-29). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 49 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #11100, with corrections.
- (Posted 2006-02-27) CPDL #11100:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2006-02-27). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 34 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- (Posted 2004-05-25) CPDL #07087:
- Editor: Rolf Maeder (submitted 2004-05-25). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 52 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Previously hosted on external site. Uploaded to CPDL server 2007-11-24.
Title: Ben qui si mostra il ciel
Composer: Cipriano de Rore
Original text and translations
Ben qui si mostra il ciel vago e sereno,
Beautiful shows here the sky, vague and clear,
Note: it is particularly difficult to translate the manifold meanings of Renaissance languages (Italian, in this case). Many of the repetitions that appear in the English translation are not present in the Italian original, which allows many more "nuances" to the various love expressions.