Broomside (Kathryn Rose)
- Editor: Kathryn Rose (submitted 2015-10-30). Score information: A4, 1 page, 85 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes:
First published: 2015
Original text and translations
1. We meet as God's people in this holy place
And gather together across time and space
With all of Christ's body, Christ's building and field,
The church of all sinners Christ died for and healed.
Diverse in our gifting, no two are the same
Yet all stand united in praising God's name.
2. The Scriptures all witness to Jesus, God's Son,
Who died and was raised, in whose victory we've won.
In weakness exalted, all gains count as loss
Compared to the knowledge of Christ and his cross.
Your church down the ages proclaims and receives
This gospel rejoicing, and firmly believes.
3. Forgive us those times when we struggle to see
Beyond our conviction in some enemy.
Confront us with strangers to open our eyes,
And make us dependent on those we despised.
Then take us and use us, to build not destroy,
Co-workers together in love and in joy.
4. Fill us with your love, make us patient and kind,
To strive in your service with one joyful mind.
Send us where you veed us, like your servant Paul,
And make us receptive to hearing your call.
Inspire us to partner with all your co-heirs,
Inclusive of all in our mission and prayers.
5. Approaching our end may our faith still increase
Maturing a harvest of love, joy and peace
Rejoicing in truth and delighting in good
At last understanding as we're understood.
For now we see faintly reflections of grace,
But then we'll see clearly and meet face to face.