Cherry Blossoms (Jens Klimek)
- (Posted 2014-05-27) CPDL #32105:
- Editor: Jens Klimek (submitted 2014-05-27). Score information: A4, 23 pages, 748 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: complete score with all five pieces and a short introduction
- (Posted 2014-01-30) CPDL #31129:
The Retired Emperor Sutoku
- (Posted 2014-01-30) CPDL #31130:
The Priest Do-In
- (Posted 2014-01-30) CPDL #31155:
The Assistant Imperial Adviser Masafusa
- (Posted 2014-01-30) CPDL #31161:
- (Posted 2014-01-30) CPDL #31180:
First published: 2014
Original text and translations
My broken heart I don't lament,
To destiny I bow;
But thou hast broken solemn oaths,—
I pray the Gods may now
Absolve thee from thy vow.
The retired emperor Sutoku
The rock divides the stream in two,
And both with might and main
Go tumbling down the waterfall;
But well I know the twain
Will soon unite again.
The priest Dō-in
How sad and gloomy is the world,
This world of sin and woe!
Ah! while I drift along Life's stream,
Tossed helpless to and fro,
My tears will ever flow.
The assistant imperial adviser Masafusa
The cherry trees are blossoming
On Takasago's height;
Oh may no mountain mist arise,
No clouds so soft and white,
To hide them from our sight.
This night the cheerless autumn moon
Doth all my mind enthrall;
But others also have their griefs,
For autumn on us all
Hath cast her gloomy pall.