ChoralWiki:CPDL and the Sacred Music Colloquium XXI
CPDL users may be interested to know that the Sacred Music Colloquium XXI of the Church Music Association of America is being held June 13–19, 2011, at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
In addition to chant and polyphony choir workshops, there are choral music packed services every day, from Tuesday, June 14, through Sunday, June 19. From the Sacred Music Colloquium XXI music packet, you will find that the several works with editions from CPDL have been included. We are happy that CPDL has been used as a resource for this occasion. A breakdown of works with CPDL editions is as follows:
Tuesday, June 14, 3:30 p.m. Votive Mass of the Holy Spirit
- Almighty and everlasting God (Orlando Gibbons), edition by Rafael Ornes.
- Come down, O Love divine (Ralph Vaughan Williams), arr. with double descants by Charles H. Giffen.
Wednesday, June 15, 3:30 p.m. Requiem for Deceased Members
- Thou knowest, Lord, the secrets of our hearts (Henry Purcell), edition by Rafael Ornes.
- Ave Christe, immolate (Josquin des Prez), edition by James Gibb.
Thursday, June 16, 3:30 p.m. Thursday in the Octave of Pentecost
- O quam suavis est (Peter Philips), edition by Paul R. Marchesano.
Friday, June 17, 3:30 p.m. Votive Mass of the Virgin Mary
- Ave Maria (Robert Parsons), edition by George Steel (Robert Parsons Project).
- Regina Caeli (Gregor Aichinger), edition by Roberto Scurati.
Friday, June 17, 6:30 p.m. Vespers
- Veni Creator Spiritus (Tomás Luis de Victoria), edition by Nancho Alvarez.
Saturday, June 18, 11:30 a.m. Ember Day Mass
Sunday, June 19, 10:00 a.m. Trinity Sunday Mass
- Mass for Four Voices (William Byrd), edition by David Fraser.
- Ave Maria (Anton Bruckner), edition by Rafael Ornes.
In addition, the music packet contains many other wonderful editions and information that users might be interested in exploring for themselves.