Christus resurgens (Jean Richafort)
- (Posted 2019-03-17) CPDL #53606:
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2019-03-17). Score information: A4, 6 pages Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: Original pitch (for SSTB, SATB, or AATB). Original note values retained. Transcribed and edited from the earliest published and earliest hand-copied sources, as detailed below.
- (Posted 2007-10-24) CPDL #15253: (Finale 2002)
- Editor: Benoît Huwart (submitted 2007-10-24). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 83 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes:
Title: Christus resurgens
Composer: Jean Richafort
Source of text: Romans 6:9-10; 4:25
First published: 1520 in Antico, Motetti novi libro tertio [Venice] (RISM 1520/2), no. 7
2nd published: c.1519–1525 in Vienna, Österreichische Nationalbibliothek, MSS Mus.Hs. 18825/1–4 Mus [Brussels/Mechelen]
Description: The existence of least twenty sources of this Eastertide motet suggests it was popular in its day; its use as the basis of a parody mass by Adrian Willaert provides further evidence. The upper two parts have an identical ambitus, and could therefore be performed by a mixture of soprano and alto voices.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Christus resurgens.