Come, let us join our cheerful songs (Benjamin Milgrove)
- (Posted 2012-11-12) CPDL #27573:
- Editor: Christopher Shaw (submitted 2012-11-12). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 47 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Edition based on Milgrove's "12 Hymns", 1771, for STB. The general congregation (sometimes divided into men and women) should sing the Air, accompanying harmonies to be taken by the choir. Please click on the link for preview/playback/PDF download.
- (Posted 2007-11-04) CPDL #15318:
- Editor: Tim Henderson (submitted 2007-11-04). Score information: A4, 1 page, 221 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Version from Dr. Rippon's Tunebook, where it is referred to by the tune name 'Loughton', scored for SATB.
Description: This tune was frequently called by the tune name 'Loughton' in later collections, beginning with the second edition of Aaron Williams' Psalmody in Miniature, London: 1778. Hymn Tune Index tune number 3526.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Come, let us join our cheerful songs: the fourth verse is omitted from Twelve Hymns, and each verse is followed by hallelujahs.