Come, lovers, follow me (Thomas Morley)
- (Posted 2011-12-16) CPDL #25167:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-12-16). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 49 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #14991, transposed down a tone. Minor errors in underlay corrected. Revised files uploaded 30/01/17.
- (Posted 2007-09-11) CPDL #14991:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 45 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Come, lovers, follow me
Composer: Thomas Morley
Original text and translations
Come, lovers, follow me,
and leave this weeping, follow me,
see where the lovely god sweetly lies asleeping;.
Soft then, softly for fear we wake him,
and to his bow he take him,
O then if he but spy us,
whither shall we then fly us?
And if he come upon us,
Out well away,
then are we woebegone us.
Hence then away, follow me,
away, begone, follow me,
hence then away
follow me away
begone, dispatch us;
and that apace, for fear he catch us;
and that apace, lest he catch us,
and that apace ere he wake,
for fear he catch us.