Cum natus esset Jesus (Christoph Thomas Walliser)
- (Posted 2013-06-14) CPDL #29366:
- Editor: Sabine Cassola (submitted 2013-06-14). Score information: A4, 17 pages, 239 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- (Posted 2012-10-06) CPDL #27277:
- Editor: Christopher Shaw (submitted 2012-10-06). Score information: A4, 16 pages, 177 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Please click on the link for preview/playback/PDF download.
Title: Cum natus esset Jesus
Composer: Christoph Thomas Walliser
Source of text: Luke 2:8-9,13-16.
Original text and translations
Cum natus esset Jesus in Bethlehem Judae, pastores erant in regione eadem.
Et ecce angelus Domini stet iuxta illos, et subito facta est cum angelo multitudo militiae caelestis laudantium Deum et dicentium:
"Gloria in excelsis Deo, et in terra pax hominibus bonae voluntatis".
Et factum est ut discesserunt ab eis angeli in caelum pastores loquebantur
"Ad invicem transeamus usque Bethlehem et videamus hoc verbum quod factum est,
quod fecit Dominus et ostendit nobis".
Et venerunt festinantes et invenerunt Mariam et Joseph et infantem positum in praesepio.
Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea, there were, in the same country, shepherds.
And the angel of the Lord came upon them, and suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God and saying:
"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men".
And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another
"Let us go now even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us".
And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.