Dear, why do you joy? (Michael East)
- (Posted 2014-05-07) CPDL #31856:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2014-05-07). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 70 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- (Posted 2011-08-10) CPDL #24131:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-08-10). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 84 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Based on #10164. A possible error in the alto in bar 48 has been replaced with the alto notes in bar 58 (which is identical musically). Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score.
- (Posted 2005-11-15) CPDL #10164:
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-15). Score information: Letter, 7 pages, 65 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
Title: Dear, why do you joy?
Composer: Michael East
Original text and translations
Dear, why do you joy and take such pleasure,
and still delight to see me lie and languish,
O, pity me, my joy and only treasure,
and cure my grief and bitter anguish,
and now at last regard me,
and with thy love,
for my true love reward me.