Decantabat populus (Giovanni Matteo Asola)
- Editor: Christopher Shaw (submitted 2020-08-02). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 56 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Please click on the link for preview/playback/PDF download. Edition offered at original pitch for ATB or transposed down a fourth for the same forces.
- Editor: Anthony Cekada (submitted 2013-06-13). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 115 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: From CPDL #21006. Further transposed up a whole tone from A-Dorian to B-Dorian. Tenor line transposed down an octave to Baritone range, measures, 3-9, 35-36, 38-41. Swap Alto and Tenor in measure 17. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score.
- Editor: Christoph Dalitz (submitted 2010-02-13). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 92 kB Copyright: CC BY 3.0 Germany
- Edition notes: Transposed up a whole tone from G-Dorian to A-Dorian for SAT. Bar lines and beams added; ligaturae indicated by square brackets.
Title: Decantabat populus
Composer: Giovanni Matteo Asola
Number of voices: 3vv Voicings: SAT, SAB or ATB
Genre: Sacred, Motet
Instruments: A cappella
First published: 1588 in Missae duo decemque sacrae laudes tribus vocibus concinendae (R. Amadino, Venezia), no. 5
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Decantabat populus.