Deus, Deus meus a 10 (Giovanni Gabrieli)
- Editor: Peter Rottländer (submitted 2013-01-19). Score information: A4, 13 pages, 196 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Instrumental parts: Score information: A4, 12 pages, 216 kB
- Edition notes: Typeset after Symphoniae Sacrae II (1615).
- Editors: Sabine Cassola and Bruno Schiffel (submitted 2011-09-18). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 155 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Lewis Jones (submitted 2011-07-29). Score information: A4, 18 pages, 98 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: In the original printing, the high choir is marked "secundo choro", whilst the low is marked "primo". I have swapped the choirs round and placed them in ascending pitch order.
Title: Deus, Deus meus a 10
Composer: Giovanni Gabrieli
Source of text: Psalm 63, vv. 2-5
Number of voices: 10vv Voicing: SSATT.TTBBB
Genre: Sacred, Motet
Instruments: Mixed ensemble
First published: 1587 in Concerti di Andrea et di Giovanni Gabrieli, no. 1.37
2nd published: 1590 in Corollarium cantionum sacrarum (ed. Friedrich Lindner), no. 64
3rd published: 1615 in Symphoniae sacrae II (Andrea and Giovanni Gabrieli), no. 13
Description: Though all parts have text underlay, the partial instrumentation given reveals a likely method of performance to be with only 2 voices, with other parts performed by instruments. The instrumentation is not part of the original Gardano edition and has been written in ink on the margins of some of the partbooks. No instrumentation for the lower choir is given, but trombones and/or dulcians would be probable.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 63.