Evening (Arthur Sullivan)
- (Posted 2010-07-18) CPDL #21980:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2010-07-18). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 87 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Revised files uploaded 22/05/20.
- (Posted 2001-02-16) CPDL #02080:
- Editor: Stuart McIntosh (submitted 2001-02-16). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 220 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
- Translation by Richard Monckton Milnes
Original text and translations
Peace breathes along the shades
Of ev'ry hill,
The tree tops of the glades
Are hush'd and still;
All woodland murmurs cease;
The birds to rest within the break are gone.
Be patient weary heart,
Anon thou too shalt be at peace,
Thou, too, shalt be at peace.