For the hearne and ducke (John Bennet)
- (Posted 2011-10-12) CPDL #24706:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-10-12). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 30 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Based on #14847. Transposed down a tone. Some minor changes to underlay to regularise spelling, and to note length at cadences.
- (Posted 2007-09-09) CPDL #14847:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-09). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 35 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- (Posted 2005-11-15) CPDL #10149:
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-15). Score information: Letter, 6 pages, 56 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan.
- (Posted 1999-08-03) CPDL #00024:
- Editor: Christian Mondrup (submitted 1999-08-03). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 78 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: MIDI file created by Robert Losin.
Title: For the Hearne and Ducke
Composer: John Bennet
Instruments: Ad lib.
Original text and translations
Lower Faulkners lower, give warning to the field,
let fly, make mounting hearnes to yield!
Die, fearful ducks, and climb no more so high,
the Nyas hawk will kiss the azure sky.
But when our soarhawks fly and stiff winds blow,
then long to late we falc'ners cry “hey ho!"