Give the king thy judgments (William Boyce)
- (Posted 2012-03-17) CPDL #25777:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-03-17). Score information: A4, 12 pages, 159 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from the 1780 edition. Since the A2 solo part is low, this version has been set for ATB in the verse sections.
- (Posted 2012-03-03) CPDL #25681: (Sibelius 5)
- Editor: Jonathan Goodliffe (submitted 2012-03-03). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 130 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Title: Give the king thy judgments
Composer: William Boyce
Description: A verse anthem for two counter tenors (or tenors), bass and 5 part chorus. It may have been composed for a royal occasion. It was probably inspired by William Croft's setting of the same text which Boyce included in his collection "Cathedral Music"
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 72, verses 1,2,3,5,7,8,11