Gloria in excelsis Deo, BWV 191 (Johann Sebastian Bach)
- (Posted 2017-07-24) CPDL #45583:
- Contributor: Paolo Pandolfo (submitted 2017-07-24). Score information: A4, 46 pages, 3.15 MB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: A scan of the piano-vocal score by Berhard Todt.
Title: Gloria in excelsis Deo, BWV 191
Composer: Johann Sebastian Bach
Description: Inscribed J.J. Festo Nativit: Xsti and first performed 1743 or, more probably, 1745. The music originated in the 1733 Missa (BWV 232a) and ultimately became movements 3, 7 & 11 of the Mass in B minor, BWV 232.
- Gloria in excelsis Deo at the Petrucci Music Library (IMSLP)
View the Wikipedia article on BWV 191.
View the Wikipedia article on BWV 232a.
- Bach-cantatas site, with links to libretto and translations.
Original text and translations
Visit the external website(s) listed above for the original text and/or translations.