God gave a star to guide the wise (Thurlow Weed)
- (Posted 2014-12-09) CPDL #33627:
- Editor: Thurlow Weed (submitted 2014-12-09). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 19 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
First published: 2014
Description: Epiphany, Year A
Original text and translations
1. God gave a star to guide the wise,
whose hearts were open to its light;
to follow they gave up the day
and went as pilgrims through the night.
2. God gave the wise to praise a child,
who lay, in secret hope, in hay;
the wise ones worshipped openly
then journeyed home another way.
3. God gave the child to love a world
that noticed neither child nor light;
but love grew up, a brighter star,
to guide a pilgrim through the night.
From Songs for the Cycle ©2004 by Michael Hudson.
Church Publishing Incorporated. All rights reserved. Used by permission.