God is our hope and strength (John Blow)
- (Posted 2013-09-12) CPDL #30116:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2013-09-12). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 119 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Revised files uploaded 12/05/2016.
- (Posted 2008-01-13) CPDL #15780: (Sibelius 5)
- Editor: Jonathan Goodliffe (submitted 2008-01-13). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 96 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: From Cathedral Music, Volume 2 (William Boyce). Boyce included a continuo accompaniment which is probably not by Blow. The "decani", "cantoris", "verse" and "chorus" indications may also be by Boyce. Boyce also sometimes "improved" on his sources (the original source has not been consulted for this edition). Revised 2009-07-15.
Title: God is our hope and strength
Composer: John Blow
Instruments: None, but may have been intended to be accompanied
Performance: Recorded by Winchester Cathedral Choir, directed by David Hill. An MP3 of the opening chorus can be accessed on German Amazon.
==Original text and translations==Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 46, verses 1, 2, 3 and 5.