Gratitude (William Billings)
- (Posted 2014-08-09) CPDL #32641:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2014-08-09). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 57 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Oval-note edition.
- (Posted 2014-12-01) CPDL #33528:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2014-12-01). Score information: Unknown, 3 pages, 151 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note shapes added (4-shape). Notice there are two keys in this composition (C Major and C minor), hence two shape systems.
Description: Words adapted from Psalm 116:1-5 and 2 Thessalonians 3:18, possibly by Billings.
Original text and translations
I love the Lord because He hath heard the voice of my prayer,
And He hath inclined His ear unto me.
Therefore will I call upon Him as long as I live.
The snares of death came about me,
And the pains of Hell got hold upon me,
I called to the Lord in my trouble,
And He heard the voice of my complaint.
When I was in misery He delivered me.
Gracious is the Lord, and merciful.
Yea, our God is abundant in goodness,
Slow to anger, forgiving iniquity, transgression, and sin.
Blessed be the Lord God of Israel
From this time forth and forever more.
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.