Hard by a crystal fountain (Thomas Morley)
- (Posted 2017-02-06) CPDL #43011:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-02-06). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 133 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Revised files uploaded 23/12/17.
- (Posted 2005-12-03) CPDL #10317: PDF, MIDI and NoteWorthy Composer files available.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-12-03). Score information: Letter, 12 pages, 123 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
- (Posted 2005-09-16) CPDL #09598: PDF, MIDI and NoteWorthy Composer files available.
- Editor: Marco Gallo (submitted 2005-09-16). Score information: Letter, 12 pages, 123 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
- (Posted 2005-08-30) CPDL #09250:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2005-08-30). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 88 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- (Posted 2000-06-20) CPDL #00976: (Finale 1998)
- Editor: Rafael Ornes (submitted 2000-06-20). Score information: Letter, 12 pages, 194 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Source: Novello edition (no date).
- Errors detected: m. 15,T1:(b b c d); m. 67,B:(c g f-nat? d); m. 87,T1:(e d c#).
Title: Hard by a Crystal Fountain
Composer: Thomas Morley
Original text and translations
Hard by a crystal fountain,
Oriana the Bright lay down asleeping.
The birds they finely chirped, the winds were stilled;
sweetly with these accenting the air was filled.
This is that Fair, whose head a crown deserveth,
which Heav'n for her reserveth.
Leave, shepherds, your lambs keeping,
upon the barren mountain,
and nymphs attend on her and leave your bowers,
for she the shepherd's life maintains and yours.
Then sang the shepherds and nymphs of Diana:
Long live fair Oriana!