He might have stayed (Thurlow Weed)
- (Posted 2014-12-23) CPDL #33815:
- Editor: Thurlow Weed (submitted 2014-12-23). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 21 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
First published: 2014
Original text and translations
1. He might have stayed where John had stood before
and waited for the world to come to him
and been a sage for people to seek out.
Instead he left the desert seeking them.
2. A few he found engaged beside the sea
who did not see themselves as seekers yet.
But soon they glimpsed a way, a truth, a life,
they valued, did not have, could not forget.
3. And so begins the story that we tell
and tell again, because it fosters trust
and wonder that this spreading way of God
has reached -- and might reach farther yet through -- us.
From Songs for the Cycle ©2004 by Michael Hudson.
Church Publishing Incorporated. All rights reserved. Used by permission.