He that hath a pleasant face (John Liptrot Hatton)
- (Posted 2019-12-27) CPDL #56423:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2019-12-27). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 95 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- (Posted 2011-10-29) CPDL #24821: (Sibelius 6)
- Editor: Ian Haslam (submitted 2011-10-29). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 47 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Score updated 6 Nov 2020 with minor corrections.
Original text and translations
He that hath a pleasant face,
And will join in catch or glee,
He shall have a welcome place
'Mid this goodly company
If he cannot sing or play,
Why, then, pity of his heart!
Notwithstanding let him stay;
He can do the list'ner's part.
If he cannot play or sing,
And he only comes to talk,
Then that's quite another thing,
He may take his hat, and walk;
For he shall have no welcome place
'Mid this goodly company.