Hebron (William Billings)
- (Posted 2014-08-13) CPDL #32689:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2014-08-13). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 28 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Oval-note edition.
- (Posted 2014-05-03) CPDL #31828:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2014-05-03). Score information: Letter (landscape), 1 page, 23 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Music as in 1778, note shapes added (4-shape). Stanzas 2-3 added from Isaac Watts 1719 Hymn 93.
Description: Words by Isaac Watts, 1719, his Hymn 93. Billings set the same words to different music, Wareham, in 1781.
Original text and translations
My God, my life, my love!
To Thee, to Thee I call;
I cannot live if thou remove,
For Thou art all in all.
Nor earth, nor all the sky,
Can one delight afford,
No, not a drop of real joy,
Without Thy presence, Lord.
Thou art the sea of love
Where all my pleasures roll,
The circle where my passions move,
And center of my soul.