Ho, who comes here (Thomas Morley)
- (Posted 2011-12-17) CPDL #25174:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-12-17). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 58 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Based on #14999, with minor corrections. Transposed down a tone.
- (Posted 2007-09-11) CPDL #14999:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 55 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Ho! who comes here?
Composer: Thomas Morley
Original text and translations
Ho, who comes here all along with bagpiping and drumming?
O the Morris 'tis I see, 'tis the Morris dance a coming.
Come Ladies, come, come, quickly, come Ladies,
come, come, quickly, come away come, I say,
and see about how trim they dance and trickly.
Hey there again, hey, ho, there again, hey, ho,
how the bells they shake it!
Now for our town, hey, ho,
now for our town there and take it.
Soft, awhile, not away so fast, they melt them.
Piper! Piper! Piper! be hanged awhile knave,
look, the dancers swelt them.
Out there, out awhile, stand out you come too far,
too far you come I say in:
there give the hobbyhorse more room for to play in.