In Nativitatem D. N. J. C. Canticum, H 414 (Marc-Antoine Charpentier)
|This CPDL edition is incomplete, either movements have not yet been edited or accompaniment is omitted. |
"Incomplete" here does not refer to the original composition; works left unfinished by the composer are categorised elsewhere.
Final chorus "Salve puerule"
- Editor: Thomas Gebhardt (submitted 2020-12-09). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 441 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Only final chorus of the work with solo and instrumental ritornello. Transposed from original notation in A to G. Replaces CPDL edition #01851.
- Editor: Denis Mason (submitted 2001-10-30). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 122 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Arranged for ATB & keyboard ritornello.
- Editor: Thomas Gebhardt (submitted 2000-12-07). Score information: A4, 1 page, 60 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: SSATB choral parts. Only first verse is underlaid.
Title: In Nativitatem D. N. J. C. Canticum H 414
Composer: Marc-Antoine Charpentier
Description: 'Little Christmas Oratorio', Cantata for Nativity
- Free choir training aids for this work are available at Choralia.
- In Nativitatem D. N. J. C. Canticum, H 414 (Marc-Antoine Charpentier) at the Petrucci Music Library (IMSLP)
Original text and translations
| Latin text
Salve puerule, salve tenellule,
| English translation|
Hail, little boy, Hail, little tender one,