Jesu, our hope, our heart's desire (Richard Redhead)
- (Posted 2020-04-28) CPDL #58281:
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2020-04-28). Score information: A4, 1 page, 42 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Words and melody from Hymns Ancient and Modern New Standard. Verses not underlaid.
- (Posted 2020-04-28) CPDL #58280:
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2020-04-28). Score information: A4, 1 page, 29 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Words and 4-part harmony from Hymns Ancient and Modern New Standard. Verses underlaid.
External websites: http://embassysingers.de/scores/hymns.html
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Jesu nostra redemptio.
Jesu, our hope, our heart’s desire,
thy work of grace we sing;
Redeemer of the world art thou,
its Maker and its King.
How vast the mercy and the love
which laid our sins on thee,
and led thee to a cruel death,
to set thy people free!
But now the bonds of death are burst,
the ransom has been paid;
and thou art on thy Father’s throne,
in glorious robes arrayed.
O may thy mighty love prevail
our sinful souls to spare;
O may we stand around thy throne,
and see thy glory there.
Jesu, our only joy be thou,
as thou our prize wilt be;
in thee be all our glory now
and through eternity.
All praise to thee who art gone up
triumphantly to heaven;
all praise to God the Father’s name,
and Holy Ghost be given.