Jesus, where'er thy people meet (William Knapp)
- (Posted 2020-04-28) CPDL #58288:
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2020-04-28). Score information: A4, 1 page, 55 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Words and melody from Hymns Ancient and Modern New Standard. Verses not underlaid.
- (Posted 2020-04-28) CPDL #58287:
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2020-04-28). Score information: A4, 1 page, 31 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Words and 4-part harmony from Hymns Ancient and Modern New Standard. Verses underlaid.
Description: For a descant, see Wareham (Andrew Sims).
External websites: http://embassysingers.de/scores/hymns.html
Original text and translations
Jesus, where’er thy people meet,
there they behold thy mercy-seat;
where’er they seek thee thou art found,
and every place is hallowed ground.
For thou, within no walls confined,
inhabitest the humble mind;
such ever bring thee when they come,
and, going, take thee to their home.
Dear Shepherd of thy chosen few,
thy former mercies here renew;
here to our waiting hearts proclaim
the sweetness of thy saving name.
Here may we prove the power of prayer
to strengthen faith and sweeten care,
to teach our faint desires to rise,
and bring all heaven before our eyes.
Lord, we are few, but thou art near;
nor short thine arm, nor deaf thine ear:
O rend the heavens, come quickly down,
and make a thousand hearts thine own.