Laß, Fürstin, laß noch einen Strahl, BWV 198 (Johann Sebastian Bach)
- (Posted 2017-07-31) CPDL #45713:
- Contributor: Paolo Pandolfo (submitted 2017-07-31). Score information: A4, 68 pages, 4.59 MB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: A scan of the piano-vocal score by Berhard Todt. English and german text
Description: First performed on 17 October 1727 as a funeral ode for Christiane Eberhardine, wife of August II the Strong, the Elector of Saxony. It is believed the music was parodied in two lost works, Klagt, Kinder, klagt es aller Welt, BWV 244a and the St. Mark Passion.
- Laß, Fürstin, laß noch einen Strahl at the Petrucci Music Library (IMSLP)
View the Wikipedia article on BWV 198.
View the Wikipedia article on BWV 244a.
View the Wikipedia article on St Mark Passion, BWV 247.
- Bach-cantatas site, with links to libretto and translations.
Original text and translations
Visit the external website(s) listed above for the original text and/or translations.