Lady, why grieve you still me (Thomas Morley)
- (Posted 2011-12-16) CPDL #25166:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-12-16). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 40 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #15005, with minor errors in underlay corrected.
- (Posted 2007-09-11) CPDL #15005:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 39 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Lady, why grieve you still me
Composer: Thomas Morley
Original text and translations
Lady, why grieve you still me?
Lady, O no, you love me.
If this be love to kill me.
O strange tormenting:
break, ah, break alas, heart alas,
her heart contenting.
And you that now do disdain me,
Say then that grief hath slain me.