Lamentations of Jeremiah (Antoine de Févin)
- (Posted 2017-09-30) CPDL #46540:
- Editor: Mick Swithinbank (submitted 2017-09-30). Score information: A4, 10 pages, 81 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Lesson 1 for Maundy Thursday. Original pitch and note values; modern clefs.
- Source: Attaingnant Motettorum Liber 10. The original clefs were C1, C3, C4, F4.
- (Posted 2017-10-04) CPDL #46597:
- Editor: Mick Swithinbank (submitted 2017-10-04). Score information: A4, 8 pages, 77 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original pitch and note values; modern clefs. Source: Attaingnant, Motettorum Liber 10. This lesson forms part of a set of the three Lamentations for Maundy Thursday, in which the first and third are set for four voices, including a Tenor. The Jerusalem convertere section of Lesson Two is identical to that in Lesson One, except for the omission of the Tenor part, so at this point it becomes apparent that the section was composed with a view to ensuring that the music would also sound complete without that voice.
- (Posted 2017-10-18) CPDL #46857:
- Editor: Mick Swithinbank (submitted 2017-10-18). Score information: A4, 10 pages, 75 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original pitch and note values; modern clefs. Lesson 3 is set for lower voices, in part, than Lessons 1 (a4) and 2 (a3): only the Jerusalem convertere section reverts to the voicing of the first lesson, whose corresponding section indeed it repeats without any alteration. The clefs, for most of Lesson 3, were C3, C4, F3, F4. The second voice down initially paraphrases the plainchant.
Title: Lamentations of Jeremiah
Composer: Antoine de Févin
Description: Lessons for Maundy Thursday. Févin set verses Aleph. Quomodo sedet (1.1), Beth. Plorans ploravit (1.2), Gimel. Migravit Judas (1.3), Heth. Facti sunt (1.5), Zain. Recordata est (1.7) and Lamed. O vos omnes [abridged] (1.12) of the Lamentations texts.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Lamentations of Jeremiah.