Lord, let thy servant (Christopher Tye)
- (Posted 2022-10-13)
- Editor: Jason Smart (submitted 2022-10-13). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 454 kB Copyright: CC BY NC ND
- Edition notes: Edited from the Tudor manuscript sources. Original note values retained.
- Editor: Edward Tambling (submitted 2011-06-06). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 53 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: In original key, scored for ATTB.
- Editor: Fernando Gómez Jácome (submitted 2004-07-03). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 118 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: In original key, scored for SATB
Title: Lord, let thy servant (Nunc dimittis)
Composer: Christopher Tye
Number of voices: 4vv Voicing: MCtTB
Genre: Sacred, Evening Canticles
Instruments: A cappella
Manuscript c.1560-1590 in British Library Add. MS 30480-30483 (Hamond Partbooks), no. 13
Original text and translations
Lord, let thy servant now depart in peace: according to thy promise.
For mine eyes have seen the Saviour sent from thee
Whom thou hast prepared: before the face of thy people.
A light to lighten the Gentiles: to be the glory of thy people of Israel.
Glory to the Father and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning and is now, and ever shall be: world without end
Alway so be it, so be it.
Original text and translations may be found at Nunc dimittis.