Lord, save me, for thy glorious name (Samuel Arnold)
- (Posted 2006-02-04) CPDL #10925:
- Editor: Tim Henderson (submitted 2006-02-04). Score information: A4, 1 page, 43 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: for STB. The tune is taken from Musica Sacra (Utica 1834?). The words are original New Version metrical psalter (Tate and Brady) Psalm 54 - text used by Arnold in his original publication according to Hymn Tune Index.
- (Posted 2007-11-03) CPDL #15311:
- Editor: Tim Henderson (submitted 2007-11-03). Score information: A4, 1 page, 268 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: for SATB. Taken from "The Psalms of David for the Use of Parish Churches" Arnold and Callcott 1791 where it is given as the psalm for the Third Sunday in Lent.
Description: This setting of Psalm 54 in the metrical New Version was first published in 1791, where the tune was not named. The tune was widely reprinted in American collections with different texts, usually under the tune name 'Plympton' (or 'Plymton' in some early sources). Hymn Tune Index tune number 5639.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 54.