Loving shepherd of thy sheep (Leighton George Hayne)
- (Posted 2020-04-28) CPDL #58285:
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2020-04-28). Score information: A4, 1 page, 40 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Words and melody from Hymns Ancient and Modern New Standard. Verses not underlaid.
- (Posted 2020-04-28) CPDL #58284:
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2020-04-28). Score information: A4, 1 page, 32 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Words and 4-part harmony from Hymns Ancient and Modern New Standard. Verses underlaid.
External websites: http://embassysingers.de/scores/hymns.html
Original text and translations
Loving Shepherd of thy sheep,
keep thy lamb, in safety keep;
nothing can thy power withstand,
none can pluck me from thy hand.
Loving Saviour, thou didst give
thine own life that we might live,
and the hands outstretched to bless
bear the cruel nails’ impress.
I would praise thee every day,
gladly all thy will obey,
like thy blessèd ones above
happy in thy precious love.
Loving Shepherd, ever near,
teach thy lamb thy voice to hear;
suffer not my steps to stray
from the straight and narrow way.
Where thou leadest I would go,
walking in thy steps below,
till before my Father’s throne
I shall know as I am known.