Lux Eoi (Arthur Sullivan)
- (Posted 2020-04-18) CPDL #58045:
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2020-04-18). Score information: A4, 1 page, 61 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Words and melody from Hymns Ancient and Modern New Standard. Verses not underlaid.
- (Posted 2020-04-18) CPDL #58043:
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2020-04-18). Score information: A4, 1 page, 33 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Words and 4-part harmony from Hymns Ancient and Modern New Standard. Verses underlaid.
External websites: http://embassysingers.de/scores/hymns.html
Original text and translations
hearts to heaven and voices raise;
sing to God a hymn of gladness,
sing to God a hymn of praise:
he who on the Cross a victim
for the world’s salvation bled,
Jesus Christ, the King of Glory,
now is risen from the dead.
Christ is risen, Christ the first-fruits
of the holy harvest field,
which will all its full abundance
at his second coming yield;
then the golden ears of harvest
will their heads before him wave,
ripened by his glorious sunshine,
from the furrows of the grave.
Christ is risen, we are risen;
shed upon us heavenly grace,
rain, and dew, and gleams of glory
from the brightness of thy face;
that we, with our hearts in heaven,
here on earth may fruitful be,
and by angel-hands be gathered,
and be ever, Lord, with thee.
glory be to God on high;
Alleluia to the Saviour,
who has gained the victory;
Alleluia to the Spirit,
fount of love and sanctity;
to the Triune Majesty.