Magnificat à 17 (Giovanni Gabrieli)
- (Posted 2012-04-24) CPDL #26012:
- Editor: Peter Rottländer (submitted 2012-04-24). Score information: A4, 26 pages, 355 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Instrumental parts: Score information: A4, 36 pages, 434 kB
- Instrumental parts (G and F clefs only): Score information: A4, 36 pages, 438 kB
- Edition notes: The problem of different versions resulted mostly in minor changes (shorter or longer rests, or a change of a note). Major changes were applied to the third choir in bars 99 - 112. A probably better contemporary solution is offered by Richard Charteris (1996), but to my understanding, this is copyrighted until 2021.
Title: Magnificat à 17
Composer: Giovanni Gabrieli
First published: 1615 in Symphoniae sacrae II (Andrea and Giovanni Gabrieli), no. 31
Description: Instrumentation is unspecified. Apparently, the third choir in the printed edition of 1615 is a different version of the same piece, as compared to the other three choirs.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Magnificat.