Magnificat quinti toni (Ludwig Senfl)
- (Posted 2020-02-17) CPDL #57089:
- Editor: Andreas Stenberg (submitted 2020-02-17). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 130 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Semi-diplomatoric edition: Note-values and key as in orig. Modern cleffs, ficta added sparingly. Chant provided for the odd-verses.
- (Posted 2012-05-26) CPDL #26315:
- Editor: Ross Jallo (submitted 2012-05-26). Score information: Letter, 9 pages, 103 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Original key; note values halved (quartered in proportio tripla section).
Title: Magnificat quinti toni
Composer: Ludwig Senfl
First published: 1537 in Magnificat octorum tonorum, Nuremberg
Description: This Mode V Magnificat setting, alternating between chant and polyphony, is scored mostly for four voices (STTB), but in the twelfth and final verse a fifth voice (B) is added.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Magnificat.