Missa Pange lingua (Josquin des Prez)
- Editor: Simon Biazeck (submitted 2020-06-10). Score information: A4, 40 pages, 547 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transposed up a minor third.
Note-values halved; final longs retained.
Ligatures: closed brackets; Black notation: open brackets.
Cue-sized and cautionary accidentals are editorial.
Chant incipits have been provided by the editor.
- Editor: James Wetzel (submitted 2020-05-26). Score information: Letter, 41 pages, 311 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Minor 3rd higher.
- Editor: Anastassia Rakitianskaia (submitted 2019-06-03). Score information: A4, 34 pages, 360 kB Copyright: CC BY
- Edition notes: Arranged by Anastassia Rakitianskaia. SATB arrangement (alto part in standard G-clef). Transposed a minor 3rd higher into C minor to fit the vocal ranges of a standard SATB choir better. Includes a ZIP file with individual movements.
- Editor: Sabine Cassola (submitted 2019-01-04). Score information: A4, 60 pages, 3.67 MB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Updated edition, which includes individual parts. Original pitch.
- Editor: Sabine Cassola (submitted 2009-05-03). Score information: A4, 29 pages, 529 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original pitch.
- (Posted 2006-12-06) CPDL #13205:
- Editor: Pothárn Imre (submitted 2006-12-06). Score information: A4, 33 pages, 540 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Updated 2020-01-23.
- Editor: Dan Foster (submitted 2006-10-03). Score information: Letter, 6 pages, 268 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Transposed up m3 to approximate Josquin’s historical pitch. Note values halved. Scored in clefs familiar to modern readers. Musica ficta matches our recently researched performances and recording.
Kyrie & Gloria
- Editor: Moriwaki Michio (submitted 2000-06-07). Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: PDF & GIF formats also available, but Postscript prints most legibly.
Sanctus: Pleni sunt caeli
- Editor: Allen Garvin (submitted 2020-04-26). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 62 kB Copyright: CC BY NC
- Edition notes: I used the 1539 Johannes Ott print for the source and texting.
Title: Missa Pange Lingua
Composer: Josquin des Prez
Manuscript 1523 in D-Ju MS 21, no. 1-5
First published: 1539 in Missae tredecim quatuor vocum (Hans Ott), no. 7
2nd published: 1546 Nürnberg: Hans Ott
3rd published: 1929 in Das Chorwerk, no. 1.1
- Free choir training aids for this work are available at Choralia.
Original text and translations
For information, refer to the Mass page. For texts and translations, see the individual pages: