My heart, why hast thou taken (Thomas Morley)
- (Posted 2012-04-23) CPDL #26010:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-04-23). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 31 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #14981, transposed down a major 2nd.
- (Posted 2007-09-11) CPDL #14981:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 32 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- (Posted 2005-12-02) CPDL #10304: PDF, MIDI and NoteWorthy Composer files available.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-12-02). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 53 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan.
Title: My heart, why hast thou taken
Composer: Thomas Morley
Description: 1st part of a 2-part madrigal, the 2nd part being Still it frieth
Original text and translations
My heart, why hast thou taken,
And forgot and forsaken?
Thou dost it lest, inspired
With his enclosed flames, thy heart be fired.