Nimphes nappes (Josquin des Prez)
- (Posted 2020-08-31) CPDL #60348:
- Editor: Adrian Wall (submitted 2020-08-31). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 799 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Transposed up a fourth. Note values halved. Some amendments to text underlay. Alto and tenor parts swapped between bars 24 and 48, to facilitate performance by SAATTB. Text Nymphes nappés with contrafactum Haec dicit Domine.
- (Posted 2013-11-02) CPDL #30485: (Finale 2008)
- Editor: André Vierendeels (submitted 2013-11-02). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 105 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Title: Nimphes nappes
Composer: Josquin des Prez
First published: 1537 in Novum et insigne opus musicum (Ott and Formschneider) with text Haec dicit Dominus, Volume 1, no. 12
2nd published: 1545 in Septiesme livre de chansons with text Nimphes nappes, no. 22
3rd published: 1558 in Novum et insigne opus musicum (Berg and Neuber) with text Haec dicit Dominus, Volume 1, no. 5
Description: Although Novum et insigne opus musicum (1537) is the earliest printed source, it has been shown that Nymphes nappés was the original text and Haec dicit Dominus is a contrafactum made by Conrad Rupsch (c.1475-1530).
Patrick Macey: An Expressive Detail in Josquin's "Nimphes, nappés"
John Milsom: Circumdederunt: a favourite cantus firmus of Josquin's?
Original text and translations
Water nymphs, Nereids, Dryads,