O Lord, my God, to thee (Jacques Arcadelt)
- Editor: Wilbert Berendsen (submitted 2007-12-01). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 60 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Based on John Henry Fowler’s edition CPDL #4513, with a few obvious errors corrected.
- Editor: Andrew Crookall (submitted 2003-11-20). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 39 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Sibelius file retrieved through http://archive.org.
- Editor: John Henry Fowler (submitted 2003-01-20). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 96 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
First published: 1933 in The Church Anthem Book, no. 69
Description: This work is a contrafact of 'Ave Maria' by Pierre-Louis Dietsch, which is in turn a contrafact of 'Nous voyons que les hommes' by Jacques Arcadelt.
Original text and translations
O Lord, my God, to thee do I lift up my soul.
O Lord, in thee, in thee have I trusted.
Let me not be ashamed,
Let not my foes triumph over me.
O lead me in a plain path;
cast me not off, neither forsake me.
Teach me thy way, Lord, Lead me, lead me in a plain path.
O hide not thy face, Hide not thy face far from me.
Lord God, Lord God, Hide not thy face far from me.