On a fair morning (Thomas Morley)
- (Posted 2011-12-17) CPDL #25177:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-12-17). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 54 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #15017, with corrections to underlay. SABB edition. Revised files uploaded 22/02/17.
- (Posted 2007-09-11) CPDL #15017:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 41 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: On a fair morning
Composer: Thomas Morley
Original text and translations
On a fair, a fair morning,
as I came by the way,
met I with a merry merry maid,
in the merry month of May.
When a sweet love sings his lovely lay,
And every bird upon the bush bechirps it up so gay,
with an heave and ho,
thy wife will be thy master I trow:
Sing care away, let the world go,
Hey lustily, all in a row:
Sing care away, let the world go.