On the plains, fairy trains (Thomas Weelkes)
- (Posted 2012-01-08) CPDL #25307:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-01-08). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 35 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformating of #12640.
- (Posted 2006-09-18) CPDL #12640:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2006-09-18). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 32 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- (Posted 2005-11-19) CPDL #10200:
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-19). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 50 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan.
Title: On the plains, fairy trains
Composer: Thomas Weelkes
Original text and translations
On the plains, fairy trains were atreading measures,
Satyrs play'd, fairies stay'd, at the stops set leisures.
Fa la la.
Nymphs begin to come in quickly, thick and three-fold:
Now they dance, now they prance, present there to behold.
Fa la la.